Sandwich Mix-up (Chalk & Chuckles) 4 yrs+
Players rush to form a complete sandwich by combining their senses of vision & touch. They feel the depressions in one half of the sandwich & try to match it with the slice which has the raised parts visible to them. They collect points based on their speed, number of complete sandwiches & the number of shapes in each sandwich. The player with the maximum points wins the game.
- Develops tactile awareness & discrimination
- Enhances visual matching skills
- Promotes spatial skills
- Builds memory
- Develops processing speed
Contents: 30 MDF Bread Slices, 6 chef hat tokens, Instructions
Age: 4 yrs+
- Keep the top half of the sandwiches, which have shapes cut out from them face down.
- The bottom half of the sandwiches which have the raised shapes must be placed face up and be visible to all the players.
- Shuffle them around the table so no one knows which halves match. • There is no taking turns in this game; everyone plays together as fast as they can.
- Announce “Ready, get set go” and grab a top part of a sandwich. Do not turn it over but use your fingers to feel the shapes that have been punched out and create a depression. Pay attention to the number of depressions, their shapes and positions.
- Look for the bread slice that will match and correctly fit into this slice, completing a sandwich and grabbing a chef hat of the maximum value.
Continue playing to find more matching pieces to complete the sandwiches.
- On subsequent turns when you complete a sandwich, you also continue to pick up ‘Chef Hats’ of the highest value.