The playful animals all live in the jungle together and have many adventures in social-emotional learning. Sometimes, they face danger. Take a jungle safari and join the animals to see how they live. See how they share and jump in to help each other. Can you spot and tell who is being good and caring? And what else they are up to?
Players look at their board to see if they have a picture that matches the combination rolled on the dice e.g. “Monkey & helping”. If a player or more have the picture on the board, they mark it with a chip.
The first one to mark any 4 squares in any one row or a column or a diagonal line gets to shout ‘Jungle Love’ and is the Winner!
- Develops social-emotional vocabulary
- Promotes visual observation & thinking
- Builds relational skills & promotes personal values
A Day in the Jungle (Chalk & Chuckles) 3 - 6 yrs
Contents: 4 Jungle boards, 100 Jungle Chips, Caller Sheet, 2 dice, Meet the Friends booklet, Instructions
Age: 3 - 6 yrs
- Roll the 2 dice and see the combination rolled e.g. sharing and Elephant.
- All players look at their board to see if they have a picture that matches the combination (in this case the picture would show a elephant sharing something with another animal). If you have the picture on the board, mark it with a chip.
- The first one to mark any 4 squares in any one row or a column or a diagonal line gets to shout ‘Jungle Love’ and is the Winner!
- Play longer with a ‘black out’ where all squares have to be marked.
- Raise the emotional quotient by getting the child to talk about or enact the relational skill. E.g. the time s/he has been caring and what they did to show that. Or talk about the many ways of putting the particular value in action. E.g. ways to show courtesy